Up to the dairy!
A Peek behind the Barn Door in the Naturpark Weißbach
Every Monday the alpine farmer Katharina from Weißbach takes you on a gentle family stroll to the idyllic Kallbrunnalm in the Naturpark Weißbach. The Alm Guide spent many of her childhood summers on the Kallbrunnalm with her grandmother and knows all about the different flowers and the many stories of life on the alpine pasture. You set off from the car park at Pürzlbach along a forestry trail, from which a beautiful walking trail branches off, leading to the green alpine pasture of the Kallbrunnalm. Along the way Katharina describes the native herbs. After around 1.5–2 hours you reach the destination of the hike – the dairy. Take a look inside the dairy and churn butter together for your snack in the Käsehütte afterwards. Enjoy the famous cheese specialities of this alpine pasture during your break at the Käsehütte before setting off on the way back to the valley well-refreshed.
- Every Monday
- Meeting Place: Car Park Pürzlbach, 9 a.m.
- Duration: approximately 4 hours
- Price: Adults € 9,50, children € 5,50 (up to 15 years)
- Included: Churn your own fresh alm butter; peek behind the barn door, Naturpark snack cheese or ham sandwich
- Additional Information: Suitable shoes with a good tread, rain/sun protection, drink as required
- Booking: Until Sunday 12 p.m., Salzburger Saalachtal Tourist Office on tel. +43 (0) 65 88 83 21 or via email