In the Tracks of the Mountain Farmers
in the Almenwelt Lofer
During an easy and comfortable walk with our guide Waltraud, we discover the varied life of the alpine herdsmen and mountain farmers of the Salzburger Saalachtal. Why do the calves and mother cows spend their summer on the mountain? What is the everyday working life of the alpine herdsmen and women like? How is cheese produced from the milk? On this walk, Waltraud describes the life of the humans and animals who spend their summer in the Almenwelt Lofer. Amusing highlight of this tour: every participant can take part in a milking competition and put their talent as a milker to the test! After we have experienced nature with all our senses, we fortify ourselves on the Alm with home-made, local products and a delicious aromatic farmers' doughnut.
- Every Wednesday
- Meeting Place: Mountain Station Almbahn II (Almenwelt Lofer),10 a.m.
- Duration: approximately 3–4 hours
- Price: Adults € 9,50, children € 5,50 (up to 15 years)
- Included benefits: Milking award and a home-made farmers' doughnut
- Additional Information: takes place in all weathers, sturdy footwear required
- Booking: Until 5 p.m. the day before, Salzburger Saalachtal Tourist Office on tel. +43 (0) 65 88 83 21or via email