Mountain Christmas Maria Kirchental
Advent Market at the Pilgrimage Church
Sparkling lights around about; the aroma of punch and roast chestnuts; soft, echoing Christmas music and softly swirling snow – that is Advent in the Salzburger Saalachtal. The Advent Market in Maria Kirchental offers a very special atmosphere in front of the impressive backdrop of the pilgrimage church. Families especially love the Mountain Christmas. The little visitors can stop by at the angel post office and write their wish lists for the Christ Child – they will stare in wonder as our angel receives their letters personally. Christmas stories and songs, baking stickbread or decorating gingerbread ensure the wait for the Christ Child isn't too long for the children.
The most tranquil time of the year
Advent is known as the ”Stade Zeit“ in the Salzburger Saalachtal. ”Stad“ means quiet and this contemplative peace, full of traditions and customs, can be felt particularly intensively in the run up to Christmas at the idyllic Advent Market in Maria Kirchental. Traditional, local crafts, culinary treats and a cup of hot punch invite you to wander through the Advent Market, lit by lanterns and candlelight accompanied by Christmassy music.
Dates and Information Mountain Christmas 2018
- 8 -9th December und 15-16th December 2018
- Open Saturday 8th December from 11am – 6pm, Saturday 15th December from 2 – 6pm, Sundays from 11am – 6pm
- Free taxi service to the Advent Market from the beginning of the toll road to Maria Kirchental
- Saturday, 8th December 2018, 3pm "Konzert von Göko & Co"
- Sunday, 9th December 2018, 3pm "Adventliche Weisen zur Weihnachtszeit"
- Saturday, 15th December 2018, 3pm „Dreierlei Adventklänge“
- Sunday, 16th December 2018, 3pm - Alpine Carol Singing: the highlight of the Mountain Christmas „Auf d´Weihnacht zua“
Music Groups: Gruber Zwoagsang, Dankl-Mayr-Hausmusik, Familienmusik Prandtner in der Tobi Reiser Besetzung, Weisenbläser der TMK Bayrisch-Gmain. Johanna Flatscher guides you through the programme.
More information and ticket sales in advance for the Alpine Carol Singing on the 16th December:
Tel. 0043 6588/ 8321 or email@example.com
In the mood already? Edith describes her impressions ...