Mountain Christmas Maria Kirchental
Advent Market at the Pilgrimage Church
Sparkling lights around about; the aroma of punch and roast chestnuts; soft, echoing Christmas music and softly swirling snow – that is Advent in the Salzburger Saalachtal. The Advent Market in Maria Kirchental offers a very special atmosphere in front of the impressive backdrop of the pilgrimage church. Families especially love the Mountain Christmas. The little visitors can stop by at the angel post office and write their wish lists for the Christ Child – they will stare in wonder as our angel receives their letters personally. Christmas stories and songs, baking stickbread or decorating gingerbread ensure the wait for the Christ Child isn't too long for the children.
The most tranquil time of the year
Advent is known as the ”Stade Zeit“ in the Salzburger Saalachtal. ”Stad“ means quiet and this contemplative peace, full of traditions and customs, can be felt particularly intensively in the run up to Christmas at the idyllic Advent Market in Maria Kirchental. Traditional, local crafts, culinary treats and a cup of hot punch invite you to wander through the Advent Market, lit by lanterns and candlelight accompanied by Christmassy music.
Dates and Information Mountain Christmas 2018
- 8 -9th December und 15-16th December 2018
- Saturday ,8th December (Maria Empfängnis) opened from 11am – 6pm
- Saturday, 15th December from 2 – 6pm
- Sundays, 9th & 16th December, opened from 11am – 6pm
- Free taxi service to the Advent Market from the beginning of the toll road to Maria Kirchental (only valid during the opening times of the Mountain Christmas)
- Saturday, 8th December 2018, 3pm "Konzert von Göko & Co" (free entrance, the musicians will be happy about a voluntary donation)
- Sunday, 9th December 2018, 3pm "Adventliche Weisen zur Weihnachtszeit" (free entrance, the musicians will be happy about a voluntary donation)
- Saturday, 15th December 2018, 3pm „Dreierlei Adventklänge“ (free entrance, the musicians will be happy about a voluntary donation)
- Sunday, 16th December 2018, 3pm - Alpine Carol Singing: the highlight of the Mountain Christmas „Auf d´Weihnacht zua“
Music Groups: Gruber Zwoagsang, Dankl-Mayr-Hausmusik, Familienmusik Prandtner in der Tobi Reiser Besetzung, Weisenbläser der TMK Bayrisch-Gmain. Johanna Flatscher guides you through the programme.
Tickets: € 9,50 presale Tel. 0043 6588/ 8321 or email@example.com, box office € 12,50
In the mood already? Edith describes her impressions ...