BBQ Recipes for Mild Summer Evenings
Walter Leitinger, owner of the “Stoaberg Grillschule“ in Lofer, is a passionate barbecuer and a master of his craft. Where ever he is, his barbecue is never far away and in his grill school he offers various barbecue seminars. For your barbecue evening today, he recommends a salmon fillet as a main course and sweet, filled bananas for dessert.
Plank Salmon in an Aromatic Crust
- Cut the dill, parsley and garlic finely with a sharp knife and mix with the finely crushed spices and the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the plank soak in white wine for a few hours before barbecuing.
- Cut the salmon at intervals of around 3 cm.
- Place slices of peeled lemon into the cuts.
- Cover the salmon on the board with the spice mixture and grill the board for around 20 minutes at 180°C above the embers.
Grilled Bananas for dessert
- Barbecue the bananas indirectly until the skin is black.
- Remove a strip of the banana peel approximately 3 cm wide.
- Make a cut in the middle of the bananas and place chocolate into the slit.
- Use a piping bag to cover with meringue and then finish grilling over a high heat. To make the meringue: beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and the sugar until stiff.
- Decorate with fruit and serve immediately.