Outdoor Cheese Fondue
Food for adventurers
Anyone can eat fondue at home in the dining room. Jörg and Sandra from the Oafoch Guat delicatessen in Weißbach do it differently: they make fondue outside in the snow. And you should definitely try it too.
- Wait for a heavenly winter day
- Look for a beautiful place outside in the snow
- Fire up the cooker, rub the inside of the pot with a crushed garlic clove and warm the fondue cheese
- According to taste, cook dried mushrooms, bacon cubes, herbs and vegetables with the fondue and season with pear schnapps
- Break the baguette into small pieces, stick onto wooden skewers, dip into the fondue and enjoy.
Make your own fondue cheese:
Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, 1/3 grated hard cheese, 1/3 grated semi-hard spicy cheese such as organic Tilsiter and 1/3 white wine. Season with garlic, salt and pepper and thicken with a little cornflour. The amount depends on the consistency of the cheese. Finish off with a dash of cream.
At Oafoch Guat in Weißbach you can eat organic ice cream; drink coffee or refreshing homemade lemonade; buy regional delicacies such as cheese, bacon and farmers' bread and enjoy delicious meals. And: you can borrow a fondue set for your outdoor cheese fondue adventure.
Adress: Oafoch Guat, Unterweißbach 19
Discover "oafoch guaT"