1. Via Ferrata-Camp
More Safety on the Rock Face
On the following practical day, topics include partner check, via ferrata equipment and safety aspects of the on-site via ferrata inspection. Participation in the camp is free of charge.
1. VIA FERRATA-CAMP Salzburger Saalachtal
16 - 17 September 2017 (first day theory, second day practical)
Duration: 1,5 days
- 16 September 2017, 4 - 7 p.m.
- Place: "Florianisaal", Unterweißbach 46 in A-5093 Weißbach
- Topics: safety aspects of via ferrata, via ferrata equipment, alpine dangers
- 17 September 2017, 9 a.m. - 3.30 p.m.
- Place: "Zahme Gams", "Weiße Gams" and "Wilde Gams" Via Ferrata in Weißbach
- Topics: via ferrata equipment, partner check and safety aspects of the on-site via ferrata inspection, alpine dangers
Number of participants: 24 persons (6 persons per mountain guide)
Bad weather alternative : climbing hall "Felsenfest"
Climbing hall cost: EUR 12,- entry (youngsters, year of birth up to 2000: EUR 9,50) in the climbing hall in bad weather. The cost of entry to the climbing hall is payable on booking and will be refunded locally if the climbing hall is not used.
Participation requirements of the SAAC Via Ferrata-Camp: physical fitness, surefootedness and a head for heights
INFORMATION & BOOKING