QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
ABOUT YOUR SUMMER HOLIDAY 2020
For a relaxed start to your holiday and so that you are always up to date, we have collected the most important questions for you here.
This page will be continuously updated to keep you up to speed.
Subject to change depending on regulations. As of: 12th August
- Are the borders open?
The Austrian borders to most european countries is open. No quarantine or test requirements are required when entering Austria from these countries.
The current travel restrictions and all important information can be found here.
- Can I travel by train, bus or airplane?
An arrival by train, plane or bus is possible. Wearing a face mask is compulsory on public transport.
Train: All current ÖBB timetables and up-to-date changes can be found on the website: ÖBB. The Deutsche Bahn runs in normal operation to Austria. Here you find more information about travelling with the Deutsche Bahn.
Airplane: You can find the current flight schedule here.
Bus: The Salzburger Verkehrsverbund is fully operating. Also the bus line 260 travels in full operation with stops in Germany. You can find current timetable information here: Salzburg-Verkehr
Shuttle from the station or airport: Taxi Dürnberger offers a shuttle service as normal. Taxi Dürnberger: +43 (0) 664 13 000 09
Accommodation and Gastronomy
- Are accommodation providers in Austria open?
Accommodation providers were permitted to re-open from the 29th May. With the offer " Worry-Free Cancellation" you can book your summer holiday 2020, relaxed and worry-free and cancel up to 14 days before arrival free of charge.
- Are the restaurants in the Salzburger Saalachtal open?
Restaurants and cafès have been permitted to open since the 15th May.
- Which rules of conduct must I follow when visiting a restaurant or staying in accommodation?
The framework of conditions for gastronomy and accommodation are similar:
Alm, Mountain and Refuge Huts
- Are the alm huts in the Salzburger Saalachtal open and what rules of conduct are there?
The Jausenstation Litzlalm (closed Mondays), Jausenstation Kallbrunnalm (closed Mondays, Tuesday) and the Almausschank Kammerlingalm (closed Mondays) in the Naturpark Weißbach as well the ausenstation Wildalm (closed Wednesday) and Jausenstation Hochalm (closed Monday to Wednesday) in the Heutal in Unken are open.
The same rules of conduct apply to alm huts as to gastronomy.
- Are the mountain and refuge huts in the area open?
The Neue Traunsteiner Hütte in the Reither Steinberge, the Ingolstätter Haus in the Steineren Meer, the Passauer Hütte in the Leoganger Steinberge and the Schmidt-Zabierow-Hütte in the Loferer Steinberge are open.
The same rules of conduct apply to the mountain and refuge huts as to gastronomy. Please contact the hut for the rules of conduct for an overnight stay.
Leisure and Activities
- Is the Almenwelt Lofer open?
The Almbahn I and II begin their summer season on the 11th June and will extend their season this year until probably the 3rd November.
Measures Summer 2020
20.6.-20.9. operates daily
21.9.-3.11. Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
The restaurants in the Almenwelt Lofer open when the lift is operating.
- Are the Saalachtaler natural wonders - the Vorderkaserklamm, the Seisenbergklam m and the Lamprechshöhle - open?
The Seisenbergklamm, the Vorderkaserklamm and the Lamprechtshöhle are open.
- Are the swimming pools in Lofer and Unken open?
The open-air swimming pools in Lofer and Unken are open.
Opening times Freibad Unken: daily 10am - 7pm
The fitness room in the Leisure Centre Unken is open daily from 10am-9pm, the sauna daily from 3-9pm.
Opening times swimmingpool Lofer: daily 9.30am - 7pm
The opening times of the swimming pools are dependent on weather (only open in good weather).
- Is the Regional Museum Kalchofengut open?
The Kalchofengut is open until the 4th of october every sunday from 3-6pm.
- When is the Salzburger Saalachtal Card valid in summer 2020?
The Salzburger Saalachtal Card is valid this summer until the 8th November.
- When is the SalzburgerLand Card valid in summer 2020?
The SalzburgerLand Card is valid this summer until the 26th October.
- Is the AlmErlebnisBus running?
The Almerlebnisbus is already operating and the season will be extended this year until the 18th October. You can find detailed information about the timetable here.
- Is the AlmWanderTaxi running?
The Alswandertaxi is running until the 17th October.
- When will the outdoor providers Base Camp and Motion Center open? Are there restrictions on the activities?
The Base Camp and the Motion Center are open. All activities can be offered and carried out.
- Will events take place in summer as planned?
The current regulations make it very difficult to hold our events. The questions of liability for the organizer makes it so difficult. Up-to-date information to the events: events summer 2020.
- Will the children's programme take place in July and August?
Yes, the children's programme will take place in the summer, with the necessary protective measures. You can already sign up for the programm at our Online-Shop.
- Will the hiking programme take place in summer?
Yes, the hiking programme will take place in the summer, with the necessary protective measures. You can already sign up for the programm at our Online-Shop.
- How and when can I reach the information office of the Salzburger Saalachtal in Lofer?
The information office is open from Monday to Friday from 9 am - 6 pm, Saturday from 9 am - 12 pm. During these times we can be reached personally, by telephone on +43 6588 8321 and by e-mail. We are also happy to answer your questions via Notify. You can find more information about our Notify service here.
- Do I have to wear a face mask in public institutions, shops, etc. in Austria?
The face mask is only compulsory on public transport, in pharmacies, food retailers, supermarkets, bank and post offices and in the service sector where you can not keep the 1-meter-distance (for example hair dresser).
We are happy to answer any further questions by email@example.com or on +43 6588 8321.