Up Stream Surfing
SURF UP TO 150 M UP THE SAALACH
Are you ready for surfing fun in the middle of the Saalach? A very special outdoor experience awaits you in the Salzburger Saalachtal. A sail, a bridge and a surfboard – that is all you need to surf upstream. Up Stream Surfing is a mixture of wakeboarding and surfing – including turns and tricks. On the Up Stream Surfing taster course you will learn how to conquer the river, to master your surfboard and to make clean turns in the water. You practise on a simple rope at first and can then put your skills to the test on the Up Stream System which pulls you against the current of the Saalach at over 30 km/h and up to 150 m. Surf coaches are on hand with advice and support and you will soon be a pro on the white water.
When and where?
- On the 1st and 2nd September, 3 times per day.
- At the Reith Bridge in Reith, Unken.
What to expect:
- 2 hours surfing on a fixed rope and practising the Up Stream System which pulls you up the river
- Ideal if you have little or no experience of surfing or wakeboarding
- Accompanied by experienced surf coaches
- The equipment is included in the price (neoprene suit, surfboard, safety equipment)
- You must be able to swim and be at least 16 years old