Risotto with Roasted Vegetables
Recipe for 4-6 people
- 200 g parmesan
- 5 plums
- 1 kg pumpkin (we used a Hokkaido and butternut pumpkin)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp thyme leaves
- 4 tsp rosemary needles
- 1 onion
- 1 glove of garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 350 g risotto rice
- 150 ml dry white wine
- Salt, pepper and spices of your choice (Tip: “Sonnenkuss” by Sonnentor)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (fan oven). Roughly grate the parmesan. Wash, core and quarter the plums. Peel and core both pumpkins. Cut half of each type into ca. 2 cm thick slices.
- In a bowl, mix the quartered plums and pumpkin slices with 3 tbsp oil, 3 tbsp parmesan, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp rosemary as well as a little of the spice mixture, salt and pepper.
- Lay out on a baking tray covered by baking paper and roast on a middle shelf for 20-25 minutes until the pumpkin slices are soft and the edges are golden brown. Turn the vegetables occasionally.
- Meanwhile, roughly grate the rest of the pumpkin.
- Peel the onion and garlic and heat in a large saucepan at a medium heat with a tablespoon of butter. Heat the vegetable stock in a second saucepan.
- Add the rice to the onions and sauté until transparent. Deglaze with wine and bring almost completely to the boil.
- Stir the grated pumpkin into the rice.
- Add a couple of ladles of the hot soup and allow to cook, stirring frequently . -> This process should be repeated until the soup is completely absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes so that the risotto is particularly creamy. The rice should be firm to the bite at the end.
- Finally, season the risotto well and stir in the rest of the butter and the parmesan. Last of all, stir in the rosemary and thyme.
Arrange the risotto with the stewed pumpkin and plums.
Sprinkle a little parmesan and herbs over the top.
„Food should make you happy and do you good –
and we love our work for exactly this reason“ …
Carolina and Carina agree.
You can find more fantastic recipes at …
the Foodblog „Kitchenstory“ from Carolina Auer and Carina Grissemann