Nutcake with Ricotta Cream
300 g sugar
280 g ground hazelnuts
100 g flour
80 g melted butter
600 g ricotta
2 tbsp. finely grated irange peel
1/8 tsp. vanilla essence
250 g whipped cream
200 g cream cheese
1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat the fan oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and flour two high springform pans, diameter 18 cm each.
- (Or use a 24 cm springform pan and halve the cake to create two cake bases)
- Beat the eggs with 200 g of sugar on the highest setting for 5 minutes until creamy.
- Mix the hazelnuts with the flour and fold into the egg mixture gently.
- Carefully stir in the melted butter and pour into the prepared cake pans. Bake on a middle shelf for ca. 20 minutes, then leave to cool completely and remove from the baking tins.
- Mix the ricotta with the rest of the sugar (100 g), orange peel and vanilla until smooth.
- Place one cake base into a cleaned springform pan and spread with the ricotta cream. Place the second base on top and press down lightly. Leave to cool in the freezer for one hour.
- Whip the cream with the whisk of the mixer. Stir in the cream cheese briefly and quickly until a firm cream is formed.
- Release the ring of the baking pan and generously cover the top and sides of the cake with the cream. Use a palette knife to smooth the edges and allow to cool for another hour. Before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar to taste.
„Food should make you happy and do you good –
and we love our work for exactly this reason“
… Carolina and Carina agree.
You can find more fantastic recipes at …
the Foodblog „Kitchenstory“ from Carolina Auer and Carina Grissemann