Lemon ice cream
With wild berries, thyme and poppy seeds
Lemon and thyme complement each other very well, that is for sure!
But add poppy seeds with their nutty, tangy taste and then the sweet and sour blueberries with their scent of the forest – and you have your new favourite ice cream.
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- 100 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 3 lemons
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- 80 g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Wild blueberries, thyme and poppy seeds as decoration
1.Put the lemon zest, lemon juice and cream in a bowl and place a sieve over it.
2. Heat the milk and sugar in a saucepan to boiling point.
3. Lightly whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with a fork. 4. When the milk and sugar are thoroughly heated, add slowly to the eggs and mix well. Empty everything back into the saucepan and stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens slightly.
5. Press the mixture through the sieve into the lemon-cream mixture, mix well and allow to cool in the fridge for at least 6 hours. (Overnight is best).
6. Allow to freeze for half an hour in the ice cream machine. Pour into a mould and allow to freeze until ready to use. Serve with a summery decoration of wild berries, thyme and poppy seeds.
Food should make you happy and do you good – and we love our work for exactly this reason “… Carolina and Carina agree on that.
You can find more fantastic recipes at … the Foodblog „Kitchenstory“ from Carolina Auer and Carina Grissemann