homemade ravioli with curd cheese and herb filling
With curd and herb filling
For the pasta dough
- 400 g of wheat flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lukewarm water
- 0.5 tsp salt
For the filling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small Onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, very finely chopped
- 100 g curd cheese
- 1 handful of mixed herbs, roughly chopped
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 1 beaten egg
- 200 g white asparagus, peeled and cut into 1 cm thick pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, finely zested
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Mix eggs and the yolks with olive oil, water and salt and knead to a smooth dough with the dough hook in the food processor. Knead by hand on a work surface and form a ball.
- Wrap the dough in a damp tea towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, sauté butter with the onion and garlic in a pan.
- Mix the curd cheese and herbs, salt well and season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in the slightly cooled onion and garlic mixture.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to ca. 3 mm thick.
- Using a pastry wheel, divide into squares (5×5 cm) and brush with egg.
- Put some filling on each of the pastry squares, fold them together and press the ends down with a fork.
- Bring a wide pan of well-salted water to the boil and then reduce the temperature to a medium heat.
- First boil the asparagus pieces in the pan for 2 minutes until tender, remove and immediately rinse with cold water. Next simmer the ravioli in the same water in batches for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the water using a slotted spoon and immediately turn them over in a pan containing melted butter.
- Serve with asparagus, lemon zest and parmesan
Food should make you happy and do you good – and we love our work for exactly this reason“… Carolina and Carina agree.
You can find more fantastic recipes at … the Foodblog „Kitchenstory“ from Carolina Auer and Carina Grissemann